Monday, August 27, 2007

I Survived!

Well, I did it, I survived another 1st day of school! It is amazing to me how quickly first days go by. I have been blessed this year with a very sweet class, and I really enjoyed getting to know all their little personalities today. I must emphasize the little part, though...I had forgotten how little these babies are at the beginning of the year, not only in size, but in their independence level. I was reminded of this very quickly when following directions I had written on the board wasn't such an easy task for them. The 3rd graders I sent off to 4th grade in May were pros at this. I guess I forgot that I actually have to teach them this skill. Nonetheless, they were all very sweet and very well behaved and I can already tell that it is going to be an awesome year. Also, much to my delight, I have already had parents volunteer to help! In my 2 and a half years of teaching on my own, this is one department my group has always been lacking in. It seems like I always get a parent or 2 that takes of care of things like class parties and whatnot, but having someone willing to make copies, or whatever else I need done is a welcome surprise! Anyway, maybe having some extra hands around will help me not have to live at school these first few weeks. I am still waiting for the year when I have it figured out and I can get home before 7 the first week of school. I'll let ya know when that happens. All in all it was a very good day, and I have a really good feeling about this year. I hope everyone else's first day's went as well as mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's cool you had help! Teaching must be an interesting thing every year. Sometimes I wonder how I would have been!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I am so glad the parents are stepping up this year! Andria is liking school so far and we are moving right along! Love ya and can't wait to see ya!

Jody

Seba and Erin said...

Hey girl! So glad to hear your class is so sweet....don't you just love that??!! Good to hear you have parent helpers too! What a blessing! Make sure to put funny school stories on your blog! I would love to hear! Miss you!

Erin