Monday, July 30, 2007

What an Awesome Sunday!

WOW! Yesterday's service at our church was one of the most amazing things I have seen in a while. Our little bitty community church prayed over and had an awesome send off for 6 members as they head off to the missions field. I was so inspired to hear each of them talk about their plans and how they were going to be sharing the gospel with the world. It is so hard for me to imagine that there are places on Earth where people have never even heard of Jesus, and so awesome to think that these people who are just 'normal' (I put that in quotes to say that while these people have no magic powers that make them perfect missionaries, I hesitate to call them normal due to the fact that they are going to be doing extraordinary things!) people like me are going to share Him with them. Anyway, I am very excited to keep up with each of these folks and hear the great things they are doing in places all over the world. If you'd like to pray for them, I'll give you the specific names and where they are going. You can also check out their webpages in the links section on my page. Seba & Erin - missionaries for at least 2 years in Krakow, Poland Marhsall - returning to Peru to continue mission work indefinitely Don & Mary Matha - working in Mississippi, then wherever the Lord calls them next James - working in France for 2 weeks, then? Anyway, I just thought I'd share since I was so moved by the service yesterday, and thought that some of you may be interested. Mel =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel! Look forward to reading your adventures! :)

Anonymous said...

hi Melinda, keep writing, its fun.