Monday, April 27, 2009

What we're up to...

Well, not much exciting has been happening, and I have been too lazy to blog about even the ordinary things. I think I may be a late spring/summer only blogger - it seems like the rest of the school year is too crazy for me to keep up. I love reading blogs, though, so maybe I will be inspired to keep mine up. Anyway, just to fill everyone (the 2 people who may actually read this) in... ~Russel and I have joined 24 Hour Fitness and are on track to lose weight and become healthier! We've been at it for about a month now. The scale is showing a 6 pound loss for me, which doesn't seem like much (in my eyes anyway), but I am noticing a difference in how my clothes are fitting and just feeling better in general. I also purchased a BodyBugg, this device that you wear on your arm that monitors your calorie burn and activity throughout the day. Then you plug into the website what you ate and it helps you track your progress. It has been really helpful as it is a constant reminder to think about what I am eating and I like playing the game of trying to get my calories consumed vs. calories burned where they need to be. I will be updating the blog with progress as it will be neat to look back down the road and see how far we've come. ~We are still praying, hoping, wishing, trying for a baby. Most of you know that we have been pregnant twice and have miscarried both times. I am hoping that the weight loss will help prevent this from happening again, as there is no other factors that we know of yet causing this. ~Going along with the above, it seems like EVERYONE I know is having babies or pregnant. I have one friend who is struggling right along with me and it seems like we are SURROUNDED by babies! I know it's not entirely true, but you sure notice it a lot more when you want it so bad! ~ Speaking of babies, Russel's sister had a baby recently. His name is Trevor and he was 5 weeks on Friday. He is precious! I am ready for him to be able to play, though! I am excited to be an aunt! ~Tomorrow is the Math TAKS test, the last for the year for 3rd grade. I am SO ready for it to be OVER! We have worked very hard all year (especially these last few weeks) and I know my class will do great! I was a little worried before the Reading test in March, and they all stepped up and passed! This is the first time in all my years of teaching that all my kids have passed the first time around! Hopefully the trend continues and the Math scores come back the same way! ~We are down to the wire in the countdown to summer. We have 5 weeks left!! I am lookingo forward to some fun and exciting projects to finish out the year. With TAKS behind us, we can plan lots of fun things without having that to stress about. Well...I think that's the gist of what's happening with us! Updates to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you,keep up the good work. Love you, Mom